7 Temmuz 2010 Çarşamba

Day 2 - Ep.1- Sagrada Familia

Ooo yeah come on check it out!

I'm stuck in my room right now. Because of a very bad backache...and I'm not blaming only my body, but my brain too.

Yesterday, I mean on the second day, I woke up, took a shower and went to 'Mercato Boqueria'. I haven't seen any place colorful than this one before! Every stand in entrance are full of fruits and fruit juices with colirfyl pipes. They never put an orange pipe to an orange juice, always choosing different colors...

I was thinking that I am doing something, but a when a seller shouted at me like 'Signora?! Are you ok?' (in spanish of course), I woke up :) Scene was like that; a girl is standing in the middle of the market and watching with an open mouth... By in the middle I really mean really in the middle, killing the traffic...

Anyway, I was starving for blackberries in Istanbul. ( I was about to bite my phone) Everybody told me that now is not its season, they will appear in september. But here they have blackberries, and they're delicious!

So I bought some blackberries and 10 strawberries. The lady was looking at me like I'm crazy, and I explained why I am doing so in Turkish. She replied in Catalan, we both smiled, and I left :)

On the corner, there is a little coffee shop which has croissant also. Itvwas the only mussing thing for my breakfast. After having it, I was ready to have breakfast on Rambla.

I jumped into a side street, eating my blackberries. That one ended me near to Hard Rock Cafe. It was HDC! We used make our graduation parties in Hard Rock, Ankara but it is closed now and it's been more than 5 years. Of course had a coffee there :)

Neyse iste, I took the subway to Sagrada Familia. You have to change lines in order to arrive anx nobody in the station speak English except the Indian guy who is selling water.

Sagrada Familia is a complete shock! As I stepped out from the station, I saw it. You never expect to see it that fast. Shocking! Too big! It's normal that nobody can finish it, it's big, very big! :)

I waited the long long line to get in. There still continues a construction in the church, you can't get closer to many things. It's forbidden to use stairs to the towers. You have to be in the lift and the line for it...pufff!

Because of the long line for the lift, I preferred to go and see the museum. To confess, I hate museums. Most of them...unless it's not very interesting. The things that piqued my interest were those;

- hand drawings of the figures...
- gaudi's 1/25 models
- hanging model of sagrada familia.

After that, I went to the exhibition about Gaudi and Nature. How did he inspired by nature...some of them were pretty interesting, especially the fruit things :)))

Then I decided it's time to take the lift. It took more than one hour...but it was fun to watch people. There weren't any locals, I suppose they all have been here :)

When we reached the top, Barcelona seemed as an ugly city to me. It's better when you are stepping the ground. But I have nothing bad to say about the design of the towers. It was like a joke, he did them almost as good as I can :)

There are two options to go downstairs; either the lift or the stairs. I chosed the stairs, there was 25 floors to go! On 24th floor, my camera's batteries died...I buried them and put a RIP (recharge in peave) sign. :))

Stairs were very narrow and from both sides you see high places. High places! Narrow stairs! I cannot even use an elevator made by glass, although if it travels at mos 3 floors. 25 floors in this conditions and me!

Of course, as usual, my blood pressure decreased, I start to swear cold...and I suppose my skin got white.

I stuck on the wall, no movements, waiting that turn into normal although knowing it won't. I used to leave the saloon while watching King Kong. The Empire State sequence was about to kill me, I'm afraid of high places that much and I was all alone in that church!

And for my luck, nobody showed up for 10 mins or so. Finally a German guy appeared. He came near to me, examined my face and decided that I'm not good :) I told him about the situation and said he doesn't have any other choices, he had to take me with him. And he did. He was kind man. I'm like a magnet of kind German men :)))

After we reached the entrance, I thanked him, and he offered me dinner.
I don't know what to do with that German thing...

There was a shop in the complex, for sovueniers and so. I can't tell anything about this place, sorry :)

I was done with Sagrada Familia, it took 5 hours including the rests and breaks to send messages to Astro :)))

Around Sagrada Familia there aren't many places to eat unlike it's expected.
So I found 'Piacere', not a traditinal one :))) I had my lunch there about 5 pm and after eating I wanted a tea as quick as possible! The thing is , I almost never want to have tea in Turkey :)))

That's all for now, for Sagrada Familia. Tomorrow I'll write about Diagonal!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder